Thursday 2 October 2008

More beginner photos




Here are some more beginner photos I took when I first got my camera.

The Walnut is from our very own tree in our paddock, the Tayberry from our veggy plot, and the flower was one at my mums.

I took the walnut photo by first focusing on the walnut, then locking the focus, and setting the nut in the corner of my shot. It's a tecnique I really like, and I have done it on some landscape photos as well - it gives that wonderful blurred background effect.

I took them all with the macro setting - when I get more used to the camera I'll start to experiment, but until then I'm afraid it's only the standard settings I'll be using!

:D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful photos Stiggy. you are a natural!. what is a tayberry? is it an edible fruit?

Anonymous said...

cooo, I'm no photo expert but aren't the clear?? (she said somewhat naively!) I've never seen a live walnut before LOL

Anonymous said...

A Tayberry Connie, is a cross between a Blackberry and a Raspberry. It's a nice thing too!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tayberry

Thanks for that Inky - That Walnut came from our very own tree! It was covered in a fleshy fruit, which actually stains your skin like Henna!

Our builder told me it would happen, but I didn't believe him and rubbed it on the back of my hand, the next day I had a 'hand tan'!

:D

Anonymous said...

I like what you did with the walnut and that ball of light which is a mystery. It took me months to know how to set the camera (well my nephew did it for me) so that if I set the focus on a thing, I could then reframe and the focus would still stay on the thing, even if off to the side. But I'm not sure I'd know how to set it. :|

Anonymous said...

That ball of light is the flash going off and reflecting in the fireplace.

I thought it was a bit odd myself.

I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I posted it anyway!

LOL!

:D