Saturday 7 June 2008

I love my tractor mower!


Now I KNOW I've mentioned this before once or twice (ok LOADS!) but I love my tractor mower - I really don't know what I'd do without it...

..in fact I DO know what I'd do without it - it'd be having to mow 1.5 acres with a poxy little electric mower that I have to use at our home now!

I hate it - in fact hate is a little weak for how I really feel about it - but my hate only REALLY bubbles up when I have to use the small thing - it has a cutting width of about 2" and it weighs almost 3 tons...

..well, slightly exaggerated, but I'm sure you have used something as useless as it I'm sure!

Anyway back to my mythical steel charger, my mower..

It suddenly dawned on me that if I had to use it on our new place, I'd be dead after a week, because that is how long it would probably take me to cut all the grass!

I cut the grass in the paddock yesterday, and this is how much there was - bearing in mind the post at the front of the bay is about 3' high, and the bay about 4' deep!


Lest to say, it took me about an hour and a half, mainly because after pushing it back to it's home 2 days ago when it broke down, I discovered that the starter motor had broken, so armed with my trusty screwdriver to bypass the thing, I set to work cutting the grass.

I shall have to fit one of those speedo things to one of the wheels, to see how far I actually travel on the tractor - I'm sure it would be a few miles!

1 comment:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Well I like the little mower....

And its a lot easier to push when it breaks down lol.

A job well done :0)